I almost never write posts that are exclusively about me. But when I read the “Whiska’s Facts,” a blog post written by a friend of mine, I felt inspired to do the same. His post is amazing – a pilot’s license? Cycling in 10 different countries? It’s amazing what you find out about someone from a little list of facts that they choose to share.
Here are some lesser known Saver Queen facts. (Loyal readers may already know some of these. Others may surprise you.)
Readers take note – I would love to hear from you, too – please share a fact about yourself that we might not know in the comments!
- started up her own animal rights organization along with her twin sister when she was 15.
- has hair that has been coloured green, purple, daffodil yellow, yellow with clown-red stripes, burgundy, black, and most recently, black underneath with purple stripes. It’s been au naturel for the past 2.5 years.
- is kind of a geek. She likes sci-fi and games with expansion packs and loves her mac. She probably wouldn’t date a man who uses a PC or doesn’t like Star Trek and wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole if he didn’t have a good understanding of the scientific method. (Maybe this qualifies her as a bigger geek than she thought.)
- has slept in a teepee on Salt Spring Island.
- has suffered from pretty severe phobias of 3 activities most people do every day.
- conducted 1/3rd of her graduate thesis research in the Middle East.
- sat by a man for hours as he breathed his last breaths and slowly died.
- lived in Oxford, England, studied for a year and participated in Oxford Union debates.
- does not own a television.
- thinks that the Magnetic Fields are one of the greatest bands of all time.
- spent 5 years entrenched in an underground music subculture, planning & going to shows, interviewing bands and co-writing a ‘zine (before the advent of blogs).
- has several secrets that she’ll never share on the blog.
- gets incredibly riled up and starts ranting when anyone mentions anti-vacationist crusaders, cults, or The Secret.
- lives with a chronic disease.
- has a regional circle of friends who are mostly mathematical, theoretical or “recovering” physicists, and hardly any of them are Canadian-born.
- has travelled to, and has friends living in, 11 different countries.
- used to have a boyfriend who is an award-winning Elvis Impersonator who is also 15 years her senior.
- is a somewhat talented artist, a pretty good cook, and a lover of wine, animals, and social justice.